- This article is about the TV series. For the pilot episode, see Yo, Yogi! (episode).
Yo, Yogi! is an animated television series, and the sixth incarnation of Hanna-Barbera's Yogi Bear. It first aired in 1991 on NBC on Saturday morning. To date, it is the last television series to feature (or star) Yogi Bear.
- Greg Burson as Yogi Bear, Snagglepuss, and Officer Smith
- Don Messick as Boo Boo Bear and Muttley
- Kath Soucie as Cindy Bear
- Greg Berg as Huckleberry Hound
- Rob Paulsen as Dickie Dastardly
Taking place in Jellystone Township, it features Yogi Bear and the other popular Hanna-Barbera characters including Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, Yogi's sidekick, Boo Boo, and love interest, Cindy, depicted as adolescent children. The gang hung out at Jellystone Mall owned by "Diamond" Doggie Daddy (with Augie Doggie as his heir to the mall business). Yogi and the gang work at an agency called the L.A.F. Squad (the mall's Lost and Found department) where they act as detectives trying to solve mysteries under the supervision of the mall's young security guard, Officer Smith. Dickie Dastardly and his sidekick Muttley would often be the cause of trouble for Yogi and his gang. The characters were never seen at home or school.
Yo, Yogi! featured episodes, or parts of episodes, in 3D, with Kellogg's Rice Krispies offering 3D glasses. Generally, the 3D scenes were chase scenes of the variety made famous by Hanna-Barbera in the Scooby-Doo series. At the beginning of these 3D sequences, Yogi would spin his hat atop his head, as a cue to viewers to don their 3D glasses. The show did not do well in the ratings, and was cancelled in the summer of 1992 (July 25) in order for NBC to reformat its Saturday morning schedule to young audiences, and to launch the Saturday edition of The Today Show. It last aired in syndication as part of The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera.
List of episodes
- Mellow Fellow/Hats Off to Yogi
- The Big Snoop
- Huck's Doggone Day/Grindhog Day
- Fashion Smashin!/To Tell the Truth, Forsooth
- Yippee-Yo, Yogi/Of Meeces and Men
- It's All Relative/Bearly Working
- Yo, Yogi!
- Jellystone Jam
- Mall Alone
- Tricky Dickie's Dirty Trickies
- Super Duper Snag
- Polly Want a Safecracker
- Mall or Nothing/There's No Business Like Snow Business
Home media releases
In the early '90s, a VHS release of the show came with 3D glasses. Warner Archive (the most likely distributer) has not yet made any plans for a complete series DVD of the show.