thank-you For the live-action incarnation see Boo-Boo Bear (Justin Timberlake)
Yogi Bear's Big Break (1958)
Boo-Boo Bear is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character on The Yogi Bear Show. Boo-Boo is an anthropomorphic bear cub in a bow tie, of uncertain relationship to Yogi Bear, who often acts as Yogi Bear's conscience. He tries (usually unsuccessfully) to keep Yogi from doing things he should not do, and also to keep Yogi from getting into trouble with Ranger Smith. Often he would say "But Yogi, Mr. Ranger isn't gonna like this," or some variation (It was revealed in one of the cartoons that Booboo has said this over 7756 times, but has probably said more or less. It is not readily apparent whether Boo-Boo is a juvenile bear with a precocious intellect or simply an adult bear who is short of stature. However, in the episode "Cub Scout Boo-Boo", Yogi tries to persuade Boo-Boo to become a Boy Scout. Boo-Boo declines the offer, but Yogi corrects him by saying that he will be joining the "Cub Scouts", which Boo-Boo accepts.
Boo-Boo's only set of clothes appears to be a blue bow tie. In some cartoons Boo-Boo's tie is attached to a collar around his neck. However, in other cartoons the tie is stuck directly into Boo-Boo's fur on his neck. Several early Hanna-Barbera characters wear collars and/or ties because this was a way of separating the head from the body for independent movement on two different cells, as called for in "limited" animation.
Boo Boo likes to do the right thing. He tries to stop Yogi from stealing picnic baskets. He is also scared of what Ranger Smith (Ranger Smith (Tom Cavanagh) in the film) might do to him or Yogi. Boo Boo (Justin Timberlake) first showed Boo Boo's trait to be slightly violent, tackling Yogi and going with Rachel to give Mayor Brown and his assistant a peice of their minds. Boo Boo is also curious, saying "Is that the Cindy that you used to love, Yogi?" in one TV special. He also argues with most people, like in Yogi Bear: The Movie where he protests to Ranger Jones saying that Yogi must water ski (and ruin) the celebration in Jellystone park.
- Hey There, It's Yogi Bear!
- Yogi's First Christmas
- Yogi Bear's All Star Comedy Christmas Caper
- Yogi's Great Escape
- Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose
- Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears
- Yogi The Easter Bear
- Yogi Bear (film)
- Yogi Bear 2 (film)
Boo-Boo first appeared along with Yogi in the "Yogi Bear" segment of The Huckleberry Hound Show in 1958; when Yogi was given his own series in 1961, Boo-Boo went with him. Since then, Boo-Boo has remained at Yogi's side through almost all of the Hanna-Barbera series, movies, and specials in which Yogi appeared, the only exceptions being Yogi's Space Race and Galaxy Goof-Ups, in which Boo-Boo's place was taken by a new character named Scare Bear. Boo-Boo's classic voice actor was Don Messick who also voiced Ranger Smith.
- In the Dexter's Laboratory episode "Chubby Cheese", an animatronic Boo-Boo can be seen on stage with other Hanna-Barbera characters.
- In a 1998 episode of The Simpsons ("When You Dish Upon a Star") Homer dreams that he is in a parody of Yogi Bear with Bart as Boo-Boo and Ned Flanders as Ranger Smith (whom Homer mauls violently).
- Spümcø has made a few parody cartoons starring Boo-Boo and the other characters from the original Yogi Bear series, starting with 1999's Boo Boo Runs Wild. In this half-hour tale, Boo-Boo's nice-guy persona is heavily satirized with him simply being repressed by all of Ranger Smith's rules and regulations, and finds him regressing into a primal state, complete with typical bear-like urges and mannerisms. He was voiced by John Kricfalusi.
- In the Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law episode "Death By Chocolate" (2002), Boo-Boo (voiced by Tom Kenny) was suspected of being a terrorist known as the Unabooboo (a takeoff of the Unabomber). He later appeared in the episodes "Back to the Present", "Blackwatch Plaid" (as an actor in a costume), "The Return of Birdgirl", and "The Death of Harvey". In almost all of these episodes, Boo-Boo seemed to have a romantic relationship with Harvey.
- Boo-Boo also appears in a cutaway gag on the Family Guy episode "Hell Comes to Quahog", in which Peter Griffin stabs and kills Yogi Bear. A shocked Boo-Boo is told to tell the other bears what he just saw.
- Boo-Boo appears in the Robot Chicken episode "Ban on the Fun" (2007), voiced by Victor Yerrid. In a segment that parodies the Laff-A-Lympics in the style of the Munich massacre, Boo-Boo is the first to be killed. In "President Evil," he and Yogi end up on the run after Yogi accidentally kills a hunter. When Yogi ends up shot by the sheriff, Boo-Boo ends up going Rambo at the scene (in a homage to his Ram-Boo-Boo character in "Yogi's Treasure Hunt").
- Boo-Boo with Yogi Bear both appear as guests in a 1996 video called "Kids for Character".
- Boo-Boo appears In The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy Chasing Billy for His Picnic Basket, Youuuu.